Friday, January 1, 2010

New Year's Day and more baby lambs

The lambs were due on January 15th. Two were born yesterday morning. Today we had plans to eat our traditional New Year's lunch of pork and kraut. I had everything ready, I was just putting the last touches on the potatoes and we were ready to serve. I looked out the kitchen window and I see a lamb. So I sent Madison out to put it back in the shelter.

She got out there and by the way she was acting I knew that something was wrong. She picked up a lamb...and then another...and none of them had black on them.


So here we were, two more lambs and another stall to build in 6 degree weather.


Here is Nellie and her 2 boys.


Molly and her girl and boy from yesterday.


They are both great mommas.


The shelter is a carport that we decided to put sides on.



We needed to break as much of the wind as we can since it is so unusually cold and windy this year.


The goats are really happy for the shelter.


So instead of eating our meal for lunch, we waited until dinner. We had a great time spending the first day of the new year with Mom and Dad...after we got all the work done.

No comments: