Thursday, March 18, 2010

Lawn-mowers

This morning we finished the paddock fence. We moved the sheep and goats and they were THRILLED! They loved the grass. I loved having it mowed. It is just win-win all around.

On Monday the 8th our last goat was born. We noticed that there seemed to be something wrong, so Madison went to check. She ran back and said I needed to come, the baby was stuck. So there I was, 9 am brithing a goat. The baby had the legs twisted and over the head stuck in mom's pevlis. I was able to release them and help pull him out. It must have been traumatic for the mom because she wouldn't even get close to him. I felt another baby in there and we kept watching for it. We watched all day and nothing.

So he was named Moonpie, because Madison said he looked like marshmalow and chocolate. He was in the house intil he was down to 3 feedings a day (about a week) and he just loves Madison. He especially loves to nibble her ear.


The next day we found his brother in the ditch. So she did have another, but we don't know when that happened or what went wrong. We tried over and over to get her to take him, but she wouldn't, so we will be hand feeding another for 8 weeks.

I just love my lawn-mowers

No comments: