Tuesday, December 9, 2008

Did I forget?

I know my girls were once three year olds. I guess I just don't remember it anymore. Tanner is 2 years and 9 months old. He is the sweetest little boy who can give the biggest hugs and turn the grumpiest day bright and shiny. But when he is feeling destructive he can turn a room to rubble in a hurry. I sat down to start this blog this morning with everything cleaned up, all counters wiped, floors swept, toys put away. The girls were Christmas shopping with their Nana and Tanner was quietly playing in the den.

The next thing I knew he had everything out in the den, and as I picked that up he was systematically finding lost toys under the stove (ick) and throwing dog food all over the laundry room. While I cleaned that he was stripping the sofas of their pillows and cushions onto a pile so he can jump on them. Needless to say one mess became another until I felt totally overwhelmed. Luckily I was able to stop him before he got to the sugar and cocoa (again).

No comments: