Thursday, December 11, 2008

Rain, rain, go away

The first summer we were here in TN it was dry. We expected the spring rains, every other day or so, but it never came. So for weeks we watched for rain so our garden would grow. The only time it rained was when I drove to PA to visit. The 17 weeks in between visits we had 1 rain and only for about an hour (definitely not enough). Then the winter came. Eric told me that TN can get some really strong storms, they didn't bother us. Then the winter rains started. We are grateful for the winter rains because it means we won't be in drought right away in the spring and summer. But after 3 straight days of rain, it would nice to be dry for a bit.

The first time it rained like this I thought to myself, "this is why we got this property for such,a good price, it floods." Then I went visiting some friends and I realized that EVERY yard floods.

Here is our front yard after last night's rain....and it hasn't stopped.

No comments: