Saturday, December 5, 2009

First snow fall

I am still amazed that they finished the septic during all of this rainy weather. I am glad, because we are only weeks away from finishing.



We decided to paint the floors in the bedrooms to save some time (and money) and get in the house faster. It went very well and it looks nice.


Today we woke up to snow. We expected a flurry, but I never thought to actually get accumulation.


The sheep weren't terribly happy about it, but they weren't too upset to eat.


This is the view out the dining room window.

The view of the woods off the front porch was beautiful.

We started the laminate flooring today, even though we only had space heaters in the house. I was able to keep the temperature at 50 degrees with them...the minimum for doing that type of floor.
We passed the final electrical inspection on Thursday and I set everything up to get hooked up yesterday. They told me it could take up to 10 business days. I was floored, I had been hoping they could hook it up right away. Imagine my surprise when at 10am on Saturday morning they were there to hook up the electric. We were thrilled, we could now run all the space heaters from the outlets rather than extension cords from the temporary pole.


Mom and I did all of the flooring ourselves while dad was working on more plumbing.

We got alot done and were really happy with it. It really wasn't too hard, once you get started...and it looks so pretty!

No comments: