Sunday, December 13, 2009

Linoleum

On Thursday Mom and I worked on the linoleum in the kitchen. It sounded like it would be really easy, just peal off the backing and stick it down. If only it was that easy.

We measured the distance between the wall and the island to find the middle and made sure that the edge pieces wouldn't be too short.


The actual job of putting them down wasn't difficult, I just had to make sure they were really straight and tight together. Just a little bit off makes it alot worse down the line.


Finally got the last few pieces of laminate in and also worked on the baseboards.


Storage room floor almost finished.


We had a low spot on the kitchen floor and I had to build it up a bit. That is easier said than done, the stuff dries so fast. It also helps to have the right tools, which I didn't. The next day I had borrowed a large trowel from Dad and that made it alot easier to finish.



Storage room finished and storing stuff...finally.



We have floors!!!


The rest of the weekend was spent putting finishing touches on plumbing under the house and moving a few things. We were able to get the large bookcase in on Saturday so I can start loading it with books.


We also got the kitchen sink and faucet in. I am so thankful for my Dad and all of his skills. He does such a great job. Doesn't it just look great?

No comments: