Monday, October 19, 2009

Super busy day

Monday morning bright and early at 8am here we are painting the house. We had been trying to get this started for weeks but it had always been too wet and rainy. I started the day by finishing the caulking. I needed to caulk the seams between the top and bottom pieces of siding, and then around all the windows.

While I did that Mom and Madison got started painting. They couldn't paint where I was working, or would be working. So Mom worked high and Madison worked low. When I finished with the caulking, I came back and painted the really high stuff. Have I mentioned that I really don't like being on a ladder higher than 4 steps?


Today the porch is also being started. We hired a local guy that has been out of work and he does a great job and works hard. This is the view out fo the front door.


The front porch framing


The end of the day and look how much is completed.


At the end of the first day of painting.

I think we got alot accomplished

I can't wait till its finished.
Today was also our second electrical inspection. There will be a third, we failed again. I had restapled all of the wires at the boxes, but not all of them were close enough to the boxes. So I get to do it all again.
I was able to finish that today so we will have our third inspection on Thursday. I can't see what else he could fail us on. Once that is done it is on to insulation!








No comments: