Saturday, November 28, 2009

Thanksgiving and Black Friday

I need to start by saying I am so grateful for my blessings. We had a wonderful Thanksgiving with all of our friends and family. I was hoping to have it in the new house, but it was still a wonderful day spend with everyone.

Even the animals got treats today.

We got some new chickens this past week and Thursday morning was the first day we got eggs from them. So we had a really nice breakfast with farm fresh eggs...from our front yard.

Now on to Black Friday. I forgot it was Black Friday, to me it was just another day to work on the house. I was instructed to go buy the countertops at Lowes. Brian went to Lowes earlier that morning and had an employee pull all the things we would need and put it aside. All I had to do was pay for it and take it back to the house.


Easier said than done. Lowes was a madhouse. They had extra stuff in the middle of the aisles and there were people everywhere. I had to get from the back corner in the kitchen area all the way to the opposite corner where the contruction counter is. All that way I had to manuver a large flatbed cart with the huge prefab countertop, plywood, formica (fragile) and a bunch of odds and ends, around all the extra stuff and people. Not something I ever need to do again.

But doesnt it look great!

The rest of yesterday and today we were painting.

This was the first coat on the hall. It was supposed to be burgundy, but we got bordeux by accident. It ended up a tinge to much on the purple side. I wanted something more deep, like a brick red. After putting on the first coat we realized it would need a second anyway, so we bought the right color the next time. Burgundy was much better.

Morgan's room is two tone. The wall where the bed will be is the darker and the two side walls are a lighter grey/blue. It looks really nice, she did a great job picking her colors.


I don't seem to have a picture of Madison's room, but her color is a shade of lavender. You can see the color where the room splits between the doors.

So close to being finished with the painting, one day closer to move in day!

No comments: