Monday, June 22, 2009

Body Odor

Ok, doesn't sound like the most interesting title, right? Well I have been thinking about this for a few days now and I have gone back and forth about posting this one. I finally decided that since this is my journal of our adventure here on the farm, this addition to the blog is vital.

I get up in the morning and put on my farm clothes. Now this could be to prepare to work on the house, or just to get the morning animal/yard chores done at our current home. If I am up at the crack of dawn (like lately) this process is lengthened by maybe 30 minutes...well usually not.

So I go outside, either to pack up the van to go build, or to move hoses, move sheep fences, etc. And what happens, I sweat. Normal occurrence during working in the heat, right...ok, no problem I can handle a little sweat. Then we get in the flow and I am soaked and I need a rag to wipe my face.

Don't get me wrong, it is hot, and sunny...and did I mention hot? Every one is in the same shape, soaked with sweat. Then it happens, I start to smell myself and that is never a good sign. I have hats and belts that are so ruined I can only wear them to work on the farm. They have been soaked through so often they permanently smell like sweaty BO.

So I have given up all pretense of the indoor housewife in the AC. I am now an outdoor farm wife and I can sweat and stink with the best of them. It is a part of my life now, and it will never go away. So watch out, by 2pm we are all pretty ripe around here.

No comments: