Friday, June 26, 2009

Weekend five

Well, we started our day at 5am. Getting lunches ready, packing up tools, etc. I had to leave the house a bit early and pick up our extra help today.

Since we were ready to start the flooring (and Dad shouldn't be lifting) I decided to get some muscular help for the day. So a few boys from church and a sister to one of them came over to help us get our floor down.

I wasn't sure at first how it would go. I had 2 more bodies than we had originally thought we would need. I didn't want anyone standing around being bored.

After a slow start (it takes time to get everything out) we finally had them putting the floor sheeting down. I stood there and made sure it was going in alright (since I had no hammer to work with myself). I realized after the second piece of sheeting that they had it all worked out. One took charge and did the gluing, the rest had it worked out where they each would nail. It was interesting watching 4 teens (and Madison, she even has her own hammer) all work at nailing a 4x8 piece of subfloor. Jonah manned the glue gun.

Jonah and Jack worked at getting the sheeting in place.
Dakota and his sister Sharron carried all the sheeting over.

Tanner held the glue gun until it was needed again.

Shannon, Dakota, Jack and Madison nailed the sheeting to the joists.
Everyone worked really hard.......and enjoyed their breaks.



It was a great day, we all got alot of work done. The kids got half of the floor done while Dad and I finished getting the rest of the joists at the right place and straight (lots of twists). So I have to send out a BIG Thank you to Jonah, Jack, Dakota and Sharron, you all did a wonderful job!!!


After we were home and showered Eric and Tanner decided to watch a movie on the computer. It didn't take long until they were both asleep. They work hard, and they sleep hard.

No comments: