Saturday, August 8, 2009

Weekend eleven

This week has seemed so long. I spent most of the time on the phone lining up appointments for the roofer, electric installation, and the septic. The crazy thing is that they all wanted to come on Monday.

As much as we would like to have them all working at the same time, there was no way we could do that. First, there is not enough room to drive around the house and have the excavator and the roofer at the same time. Second, the roofer needs the electric installed so he can use his nail gun.

So after hours and hours of phone calls, the electric will be on Monday and Tuesday, the roofer will start on Wednesday and the excavator will show up sometime next week.

Today we are getting our pigs. I am torn on this idea. I want to have some for ourselves, but all the work involved to prepare has made me weary of the idea. I also worry having them on the farm when we don't live there. But Eric really wants the pigs and I agree it is better to learn on a few this year than to start with so many more next year.

So Eric and I are hurriedly finishing the fencing and getting the charger connected so we can pick them up this afternoon.

No comments: